Thursday, January 6, 2011

Amateurs MY @$$

Something I love about the limitations to creativity, is that there is none!!!

How do the professionals become professional???  In my opinion, they start out as over achieving amateurs doing things the professionals say is too difficult.

Take for instance these guys:




These guys come out of nowhere, and create one of the most amazing (both in choreography and visual and sound fx) lightsaber fights I've ever seen!  Given the fact they didn't have millions of dollars at their disposal, only their own creative drive and hard work, they ended up giving the creators of the actual star wars films a run for their money.

If I am correct about this, I believe once Lucas saw this video, he ended up hiring these guys to work for him, maybe someone can post me to let me know if that's accurate or not???

Anyway, for the fact that these guys are amatuers, this is one hell of an amazing video.  It inspires me to work harder than others and to set a standard for myself in an industry that will ignore you if you haven't the talent.

If you're an amateur trying to turn pro... then your worst work better be as good as this if you're ever going to get hired.

No comments: