Wednesday, June 30, 2010

EXT. MADISON IN AUTUMN - NIGHT

Here is a video that was shot and edited by Nathan Clarke, owner of Fourth Line Films.
He recently held a workshop in Madison on the new trend of shooting HD video with DSLR cameras. When asked about this project, he said "I went out at night twice (I wish it was a little more windy when I went.) The first time, I focused on trees, but I found after a while that traffic could get some cool results. So the second time, I did some tree shots, but also tried to set up some interesting street scenes." Enjoy.


Camera: Canon 5D mark II (DSLR)
Equipment: Tripod
Approach: Taking a series of stills as fast as the shutter can move.
Details: ISO was at 3200; shutter speed was usually around 1/30th.

Madison | Fall | Night from Nathan Clarke on Vimeo.

No comments: